Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rainy Day Notes

Some may consider this cool and rainy weather we're having in VA to be dreary and they sit about and wait for better, prettier days. I always try to find the pretty in whatever I can, but I adore rainy days. Lovelovelove them. When I was younger and we lived on our farm, we had a tradition for rainy days. As soon as my brother and I got home from school our mother would have tea and cinnamon toast waiting for us and we would sit on our huge porch and just listen to the rain fall through the leaves of the surrounding Oak trees. Here are some rainy day thoughts playing through my mind...

A) I would love days like these so much more if I could just stay in bed and read. Granted, that's true for almost any day for me.

B) I finally realized I should give up fixing my hair on rainy days. No matter how much straightening occurs, it's just going to get wet and curl right back up. How have I lived for 33 years and not realized that before now? Also, do you know how much time being lazy saves me in the morning? A lot. This realization will bring much dismay to my family of Southern beauty queens.

C) I may love rainy days, but my dogs don't. Koda does her business quick and dirty and runs for cover. Sarah is ... different. She does not seem to understand the concept of rain and tries to run from it. And is very perplexed when she does not succeed. I might be cruel, but it makes me howl with laughter. She also runs from the umbrella that I try to hold over her when I take her out, so I'm not that mean. My dog is just silly.

D) About that being in bed with a book concept - is today over with yet?

No comments: