Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Voyeur

Part of our bedtime wind down ritual is a nightly walk, me and my two puppy girls. This is an obvious common sense thing to do with dogs - walking them before retiring for the night. It ensures no accidents. I think I may stick to this method when I have real live human babies one day. Usually, I walk the girls around the back perimeter of our building - there is little chance of running into someone while in my pajamas and also no one to notice that sometimes? I don't pick up after the dogs. Sorry about that. Last night I had a little surprise though, a bit of a treat.
As I neared the end of the sidewalk, approaching the 8 foot fence that separates our property from another, I looked up. The lights were on, he had left the blinds open. I watched him. I have no idea who he is, only that my heavens, he is a sight to behold. Adonis comes to mind. He took off his shirt. then took his time to put it back on hanger and back into the closet. He did the same with his pants. I couldn't decide which drove me crazier - watching him undress or that he put everything back where it went. By this time the girls were about to take my arms out of their sockets while they were trying to get on with their walk and the tugging brings me back me to my slightly lonely reality. The gentleman seemed to have noticed that he had an admirer. I assume this anyway. Before saying 'Goodnight & thank you' to him, to the air, silently - I steal another glance upwards. He is standing at the window watching back before he shuts his light off.

I think one day I may steal up to his door and leave him a little note that simply says, "Thank you. Please feel free to leave your blinds open at all times. " But for now, I think I have something more to look forward to on those nightly walks.

No comments: